|Warning Signs Your Child is Experiencing Vision Problems
|May 06, 2021
Warning Signs Your Child is Experiencing Vision Problems
—How Your Trusted City Name Optometrists Can Help You Understand the Signs
Children can be pretty vocal about a lot of things but when it comes to their eyesight, they may find it more challenging to speak up. However, if your child experiences issues with vision, it may result in poor academic performance, behavioral problems, and low self-esteem. Therefore, clear vision is crucial for learning and development. Regular eye exams can give you peace of mind and allow your optometrist to identify if your child has any vision problems. Early intervention means that any treatment that is prescribed is more likely to be successful. Protect your child’s eyesight for the future and visit one of our trusted optometrists at Company Name today.
5 Signs of Eye and Vision Problems in Children
It can be concerning when your child experiences issues with their eyesight. Fortunately, there are a few simple ways you can give your child’s eye health a boost. For instance, limiting screen time, protecting their eyes from the sun, and making sure you schedule regular eye exams, can help prevent your child from developing serious vision complications.
Read below to learn more about the warning signs that may indicate your child has vision problems:
- Difficulty Tracking Objects: If your baby is older than 3 months and has difficulty keeping steady eye contact with a moving object, notify your doctor right away. At this age, babies should be able to follow or track a toy or ball if it is moved across their field of vision.
- Misaligned Eyes: Newborns may occasionally cross their eyes as they get adjusted to their surroundings. However, if your baby is older than 4 months and misaligned eyes becomes a regular occurrence, book a check-up with your doctor. Even if your child is too young to read, we can perform special tests to assess the state of their vision.
- Sitting Too Close to the TV or Books: While it is a myth that watching TV from a close distance will ruin your eyes, sitting too closely to the screen may indicate a vision problem. If your child finds it challenging to see what is on the television screen or read the words on a page from a normal distance, it could mean that they are nearsighted.
- Constant Squinting: If your child is nearsighted, squinting their eyes can make images a little less blurry and eliminate distorted vision. However, squinting is only a coping mechanism. Constant squinting can strain your child’s eyes and make vision issues worse over time, if left untreated.
- Frequent Eye Rubbing: When you are tired or upset, eye rubbing is a common reaction. But frequent rubbing of the eyes in the absence of these feelings can signal eye strain in children. If your child has trouble focusing due to poor vision, their eyes are working harder than necessary, leading to eye rubbing.
At Company Name, we offer services and products for the whole family. When it comes to your child, we can help you determine what type of vision correction is suitable so they can continue to learn and grow. As parents, we understand that you want to give your child the very best opportunities in life. So, don’t wait to schedule an eye exam. If you have concerns about your child’s eyesight or want to learn more about any of the warning signs, our team of qualified optometrists is here to help. In addition, discover our wide selection of quality eyewear. We guarantee that your child will find a pair of stylish frames they love at a price you will love even more.
To book eye examsfor you and your family at one of the Company Namein City Name, call us at Your Numberor complete our online contact form.